CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified

2000 ford expedition: runs it in nuetral or park..vibrates

My 2000 ford expedition runs rough when I put it in drive. it doesn't do it in nuetral or park.   However, when I put it in drive and give it gas the vehicle shimmies and vibrates.   It Just started doing it all of a sudden.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Sounds like you have a misfiring cylinder. The vehicle is most likely misfiring in park also but the reason why you dont feal it is because there is no load on the engine. Whena load is put on the enigine the engine is working much harder thuse you are know feeling the misfire. In most cases you just have a bad ignition coil that sits on top of the spark plug. If the check engine light is not on then it is hard to figure out which cylinder is misfiring without using a scan tool.

Click on the image for a picture of the coils: