AutoDoc
AutoDoc, ASE and Ford Master
Experience:  Ford Senior Master, Diesel Certified, electrical, powertrain, heating and a/c. 18 years experience.
12253114

I broke the drive belt on my 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 and the diagram

Customer Question

I broke the drive belt on my 2000 Ford Escort ZX2 and the diagram is missing. This is one long belt rather than the two belt system Please direct me to a diagram
Category: Ford
Expert:  AutoDoc replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomer Here are the 3 different belt routing guides. Hope this helps.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please click on ACCEPT. Thank you.

graphic

graphic

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

looks ok but which of these numbers is which on the bottom diagram which is the tension pulley etc.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I wasn't able to make sense of what was what and I finally had to have a mechanic fix it for me, It was a $90.00 job with all the close work etc. It was myn only transport sowas in a hurry.

Expert:  AutoDoc replied 8 years ago.
Seems to me that you would have had to have a mechanic do it for you anyway, since looking at the picture and looking at the engine would be enough for anyone that is mechanicaly inclined and capable of repairing it themselves to determine what was what.