CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

I have a consistent oil leak on my 2003 ford ranger pickup.

Customer Question

I have a consistent oil leak on my 2003 ford ranger pickup.   It is a regular cab, 6 cylinder.
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

Before I can help you answer your question, I will need a little more information:

• Where does the oil look like its leaking from, Front of engine, rear, left or right side? Any information would be great
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It leaks from the front, near the oil pan.
Ok, Thank you. Most likely what has happened is the oil pan gasket has failed and has started leaking out the gasket. It is a fairly common problem on the ranger as I have replaced many oil pan gaskets. On the Ranger it is rather difficult to change the oil pan gasket as the motor will need to be lifted up off the engine mounts to allow for the removal of the pan. This job should run you about $500. Hope this helps