Experience:  5 Yrs. exp. ASE certified specalize electrical,brakes, a/c driveability

2000 ford focus, no radio power

Customer Question

Hello, I just installed a new Pioneer head unit into my 2000 ford focus. All was working fine, but the passenger door speaker was not functioning. I pulled the radio out to check the connection to the speakers. While I was placing the radio back in it went out and now will not power on. I checked the 2 fuses listed as radio and both were good and also the fuse on the back of the radio is good.

Is there another fuse somewhere that could be preventing power to the head unit. What else can I check?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Triston replied 8 years ago.

2 things, first all do respect but if you have small children they will fill a radio's cd player with coins in a heartbeat so you may want to shake it and see if you hear something, next remove the black connector from the radio and make sure you have all the power and ground signals, if so replace the radio, if not look for some damaged wiring. good luck. i hope i helped and please accept my answer. thanks T-MAN

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thanks for your reply. This is a brand new unit that was just installed. All connections were fine and it was working fine after originally installing the unit. After completing and testing the head unit install (it is a Pioneer DEH-P5000UB) I noticed the passenger door speaker was not working, so I took the head unit back out to check the speaker wire connections. While I was placing the unit back in it shut down and will not power back on. Almost like a fuse blew somewhere, I checked the fuse on the back of the radio and 2 in the fuse panel.

Are there other fuses on a 2000 Focus that control the radio? What other things could prevent the radio from powering on? The radio is brand new and was working fine for about 1 hour.
Expert:  Triston replied 8 years ago.
unfortunately those are the only two fuses. good luck.