lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

Ford F250: Super Cab..power window..Passenger window works fine

Customer Question

I have a Ford F250 Super Cab. The driver power window stopped working, it will not go up or down. Passenger window works fine. How do I access the motor, regulator and rocker switch, (how do you remove the door panel cover), to troubleshoot loose connection, or part replacement? I have been an electrician for around 35 years. I do not want to break any of the plastic tabs that hold the interior door panel on. Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX CA
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomerthis is lostrider, here is the procedure to R&R the door trim panel and the diagram for the window circuits. The majority of the problems have been the master window switch.
Service and Repair
Notes

FRONT DOOR TRIM PANEL

REMOVAL

NOTE: The left front door trim panel shown, right front door trim panel similar.

graphic

1. Remove the exterior mirror mounting hole cover.

1Position the window regulator handle cover aside.
2Remove the window regulator handle screw and regulator handle.

graphic

1. If equipped, remove the window control switch plate.
    • Disconnect the window control switch electrical connectors and if equipped, the memory set switch electrical connector.

graphic

1. If equipped, remove the front door trim panel reflector or the courtesy lamp lens.

graphic

1. Remove the screws.
  2. NOTE: Remove the front door trim panel by pulling it straight upward. Lift and remove the front door trim panel.
  3. If equipped, twist the courtesy lamp connector one half turn and remove it from the front door trim panel.

INSTALLATION

1. CAUTION: Insert the lower panel tabs first or they can break when installing the front door trim panel. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

graphicgraphicgraphic

lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Thanks for your assistance lostrider. Since I also suspected the rocker switch assembly, all I really had to do was remove control switch plate. I then unplugged the module and removed for testing. Ohming out the switches, I compared the one that still worked to the one that wasn't, I was getting incosistent results. So I opened up the module and found the pcb board with the long pins that slides into the main board, was ajar. I removed it, cleaned it off with some contact cleaner, reassembled the unit, plugged it in. Window now works, and I managed to not break any pins. I like the fact they now make them with some metal on them.

Thanks again for your assistance.

JIM

Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
Thats great, glad to hear the truck is fixed, your very welcome and thank you.