AlvinC
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel
10384837

1990 Ranger: sensor plugs on the front left edge (driver side)

1990 Ranger major oil leak(s) look to be coming from a couple of sensor plugs on the front left edge (driver side) of the motor. Can you tell me what they are?
Customer Hi this is Al, The only thing I can see the would be a major oil leak and a sensor on the left front of the engine is your oil pressure sending unit. It sends the oil pressure info to the gauge(or light if you don't have a gauge). I can be purchased at any parts store. Also the low oil level sensor can leak and it is in the side of the oil pan. Here is a picture to help verify. I hope this helps, if not let me know, Al

Click here for picture

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Al for the quick response. I was having trouble finding my bearings from the picture you sent -- that is, matching it up with what I see on the actual motor. The sensor I see on the side of the motor is about the same level as the steering unit. I assume this is the oil pressure sending sensor. Yes?
Customer That would be correct. The picture is showing the side of the engine without the power steering pump in place. The oil sending unit should be just to the front of the motor mount bracket, Al