Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

2003 ford explorer: my power windows will not go

my power windows will not go up or down in my 2003 ford explorer. What do i need to do to fix this problem?

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

At the master window switch 8 terminal connector (C504a) check for a good ground on pin 2 Black (BK) wire. If the wire is not a good ground, repair as needed and recheck operation.

If the ground is OK, verify the LB/BK wire maintains battery voltage when trying to operate the power windows.

If there is battery voltage on the LB/BK wire when loading the circuit, check for battery voltage and ground between pin 7 Tan/Light Blue (TN/LB) and pin 8 White/Black (WH/BK) wire of C504a when commanding the driver's window down or up. If power and ground are not present between the wires but the power and ground to the switch are OK, suspect a faulty master window switch.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Where do you find these connectors that you write about?

You start with the C504 at the master switch. Your checking for power in and a good ground.