Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How do I reset check engine light on 1995 Ford Explorer XLT?

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer.

The check engine can be reset by removing the positive battery cable for a few minutes. That being said if the reason why it came on wasnt corrected it will return as soon as the PCM (computer) sees the system fault.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I already knew that answer and thought by clilcking the [X] button on the upper right hand corner of the screen, my question would not have gone through. Sorry for the inconvenience. I did not utilize the battery cable solution since it would not solve the problem of why it had come on in the first place. My auto is at the shop getting diagnosed for $100.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
NO problem