Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

How do I replace the fuel filter on a 2006 ford f350 6.0L diesel

Customer Question

How do I replace the fuel filter on a 2006 ford f350 6.0L diesel pick up
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ray M. replied 8 years ago.

Which filter are you changing,primary one in the frame or secondary on top of engine,or both?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Both filters
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns by asking questions if needed then suppling a answer. Gaining your TRUST in myself and knowledge is my goal. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am on line.

Since you have been watin awhile for an answer I am going to jump in. Make sure your using ford motorcraft filters and seals so they fit and perform correct.

You need to hold slight cap inward pressure while threading into onto the housing with the filter installed.

Expert:  Ray M. replied 8 years ago.

Install the filter in the housing first,then push down on the cap as you tighten it,make sure to not crossthread it and snug it up,do the same with the primary filter.

As stated prior. Make sure you are using the ford parts which include the cap and filter and cap seals. Now install the filter (components) and place the cap on and apply slight inward pressure as you begin to thread it on till you can tighten it with a wrench.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Sorry it has taken so ong to get back to you, but I have not been home. Unfortunately, you have not answered my question regarding how to keep the spring down while installing the filter. Please advise.

I have never ran into this concern. I do not see why your are having trouble compressing the spring with the cap while you are installing it.