Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

The interior lights in my 2003 Lincoln LS wont go out. Tried

The interior lights in my 2003 Lincoln LS won't go out. Tried pulling the number 4 and 5 relays in the back and they stay off while the module is pulled. Also, disconnected the battery and allowed the electronics to reset. Pulled the number 4 fuse and the lights go out the fuse checks out okay..

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns by asking questions if needed then suppling a answer. Gaining your TRUST in myself and knowledge is my goal. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am on line.

Is the door ajar warning in the dash working correct and is it saying ajar all the time?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

No, I've checked every door..all are shut

You are going to need a scan tool to check REM and FEM codes and you will need a DVOM to perform the circuit tests. This is not a common nor easy fix so saying replace this or that is not going to be the case here.

graphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

help me out..what is a DVOM?? Where can I get one?

Digital volt/ohm meter. All parts stores sell them
Customer: replied 8 years ago.

yep got one of them... so follow the steps you outline in the different sheets?

Those are the exact same sheets all ford techs would use if you came to one of our dealerships.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
okay, I'll give it a go tomorrow.. the relay switches in the back were almost to the point I couldn't touch them they were so hot
Keep in touch if needed