chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience

2001 Ford Windstar: replacing..Blend..that drives the flap door..slip

Customer Question

2001 Ford Windstar - replacing the AC - Heater Blend Actuator that drives the flap door that diverts and mixes AC/Heat. Old actuator out but can't get replacement into position. Seemingly need a way to reposition the blender door Hold it in a semi open position to be able to slip the new actuator into position. The new actuator's arm that moves the door is in the wrong position and cannot be lined up with the receiving sleeve of the blender door. I am not sure what needs to be removed to reposition the door or if that is even necessary Please advise me.
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

HI there

If you turn the key on and put the a/c on ---plug in the new motor --you can move the temp control knob and the motor will move to any position you want and then you can install it

we can go back and forth on this page

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
You know before I got tunnel vision into my mechanical approach to solving this problem, I actually thought of plugging the new actuator in but not to solve this particular problem, cause I had not come upon this problem yet. The best answers are the simplest. Thank you. I accept.
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

NO problem

Glad you got it ,, come on back again