CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified

Remote door lock/unlock not working.Replaced battery

remote door lock/unlock not working.Replaced battery and "reprogrammed" per owner manual. still no work. sometimes sounds like it worked bu no change to lock status. Should I buy new remote or take car ford ranger to dealer?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 5 years ago.

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer.

• What method did you use to try and program the remote?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

the owner manual has a section where you turn the key off to on eight times and the locks cycle. then you push any button on remote. locks then recycle to conform programming. all that happened but no work from remote

jim g

Ok, it is tricky and you may or may not have done the procedure correctly.

First sitting in the car with all doors closed, Hit the unlock button on the door

Now turn the key from off position to the on position very quickly, Doing this in less than 10 secs.

On the last turn leave the key in the on position, The doors should unlock and lock telling you that you are in the programing mode

Then hit the unlock button on the remote.

Hope this explains it better as if you do not do it fast enough it wont work

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
If the remote does not work after that is it replace the remote or take vehicle to the dealer?
It is tough to say, without seeing the vehicle myself. The cheapest thing to do is try buying a remote for the vehicle as the dealer will charge you $90+ just to look at it. It is rare though for the Remote Module to go bad.
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience: Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified