Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

1996 Ford Windstar: oxygen sensor..the exhaust manifold..4th

1996 Ford Windstar, oxygen sensor locations. There's one on the front, at the exhaust manifold, and there's two more under the engine on the pipes. Where's the 4th one? How do I get to it?

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Enclose is location of the HO2S sensors.

3.8L Shown, 3.0L Similar

All Heated Oxygen Sensors (HO2S) are located in the dual converter Y pipe: one at the inlet and outlet of each catalyst converter

The front 2 are HO2S sensors and the rear 2 are called cat monitors.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

I see the diagram. This is great. But how do I get access to the HO2S on the back half of the engine? I don't have a lift.

They have to come out from the bottom. There is no way to get them out from the top. If you dont have a lift or a set of ramps its impossiable to get to them..