Lurch
Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience:  Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years

2004 ford f250: the code for my keypad

i just bought a 2004 ford f250 and need to know how to reset the code for my keypad.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Lurch replied 5 years ago.

Programming Personal Codes
A unique personal 5-digit code can be programmed by following these steps:

1. Enter the factory set 5-digit code (the keyless entry keypad will illuminate when pressed).
  2. Press 1/2 within 5 seconds of Step 1.
  3. Enter the unique 5-digit code. The personal code does not substitute for the permanent factory set code. Either code can be used to access the vehicle. In addition, if a second personal code is programmed, it will simply overwrite the previous personal code.

Anti-Scan Feature
To provide added security, the keyless entry keypad is disabled for one minute after 35 button presses without a valid entry code being entered. The keyless entry keypad will flash during this one-minute mode with all functionality disabled except for 7/8 and 9/0 still being allowed to lock the vehicle.

Anti-Scan will be turned off after any of the following events:

• one minute of keyless entry keypad inactivity
  • the remote transmitter UNLOCK button is pressed (all Excursion and F-Super Duty vehicles built after 12/03)
  • the key is turned to the ON position (all Excursion and F-Super Duty vehicles built after 12/03)

Unlocking the Doors with the Keyless Entry Keypad System
To unlock the driver door, enter either the factory set code or the personal code (each digit must be pressed within 5 seconds of the prior digit). The interior lamps will illuminate.

To unlock all doors, enter either the factory set code or the personal code (driver door unlocks) and press the 3/4 control within 5 seconds .

Locking the Doors with the Keyless Entry Keypad System
It is not necessary to enter the factory set or personal code prior to locking all doors. To lock all doors, press the 7/8 and 9/0 controls at the same time.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

i dont know the factory code! i don't have any of the factory info. i bought it used. i need a deafault code to reset it.

Expert:  Lurch replied 5 years ago.

You will need to have Ford connect the Scan Tool to retrieve the Factory Code.
Sometimes the Code is on the VSM (vehicle security module) label, which is located under driver dash, to the right of steering column.

graphic

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
any other way of doing this without having to take it to ford and pay an arm and a leg.
Expert:  Lurch replied 5 years ago.
Ford started in 2004 to "Not" put the Code Number on the VSM & very few were listed.
You may want to check in the Glove Box or Owners Manual for any numbers that were written or included on Cards or Papers.........
Other than that, Dealer is quickest.
Lurch, Ford Cert.
Experience: Ford Cert., Heavy Line Mech, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years