Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

what is the stock fuel pressure for 2001 4.6 mustang gt

what is the stock fuel pressure for 2001 4.6 mustang gt?

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

The stock fuel pressure on your 2001 GT 4.6 is 35 to 65

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
what do you mean 35-65 at idle mine is 32 and when I rev it it will jump up to around 40 then fall to around 26 and settle back at 32 for idle is my pump getting weak or is this normal.
Your pump is getting weak or the filter is restricted. It should never drop below 35. It will go up depending on load, but never below 35.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
just one more thing is this the reason it started missing like it had a dead plug and would keep getting worse till it would loose all power and die? But when I started it back it would run great for a while before doing same thing.Also it had been driving about 2 hours when it started this and if I fire it now and drive it runs great is the pump getting hot after long driving periods and doing this? THANKS YOU ARE DEFINETLY HELPING
It could very well be as the fuel pump can cool down. Allowing the right pressure and once it heats up again it drops. If you have 26 PSI of fuel pressure I would address the fuel pump first. When the pump get hot it allows the fuel to foam causing the lean engine misfire. It sounds like you need a new fuel pump.