lamontgomery, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  14 years experience, 2000-2006 Senior Master, ASE master in Truck and Auto, Level 1 Fire mechanic

how do i change the rear three spark plugs on my 2007 ford

how do i change the rear three spark plugs on my 2007 ford taurus 3.0 engine?
This is a DOHC V6?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i 'm not sure how this works i paid and asked the question what more done you need.

You made a deposit, it's up to you to accept the answer I provide you. Ford made 2 engines for the Taurus, a 3.0 OHV, or a 3.0 DOHC engine. I need a bit more info before I can give you a good answer. Does your engine look similar to this?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes, my engine looks like the graphic

You can wait until it gets cold, lay on the engine and access the spark plugs from the opening on the front side of the engine and remove the air cleaner tube from the throttle body to access the rear of the engine to access the plug wires and sparkplugs. It's not fun and it's a tight fit and you'll be using more feel than sight to get the spark plugs out. Or, if you have access to a lift, you can lower the rear part of the subframe to get a clear shot at the spark plugs (you'll be underneath the car). Either way is a pain, but it gets easier the second time. Or you can remove the upper plenum, I can give you directions for that if you would like.

I hope that helps,