Daryl, Shop Owner, Master Mechanic
Experience:  28 years experience, Master Mechanic

I need to change the serpentine belt on my 2001 focus and I

Customer Question

I need to change the serpentine belt on my 2001 focus and I got directions from an online site but the diagram doesn't match my car. It said it's for a zetec which I don't know what that is but the diagram had pulleys in the wrong places. I just need to figure out where the tensioner is so I can get the dang thing off. Can anyone help?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.

Here is a pic see if this matches what you have, if it does not I will need to know what kind of focus this is and the 8th digit of the vin would also help.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
No that's not the right one. I will try and get you that digit off the vin number but I think it is an SE, single cam.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
There are a bunch of letters and numbers in the vin but the 8th digit if I'm not mistaken is 8. Does that help?
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.

Here is another pic, my information only shows a P and a 3 for the 8th vin digit, this one pic is for the P vin code and the other pic I sent is for the 3 vin code hopefully this is the right one.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yeah it's a P. Sorry about that. It's also a 2.0 L split port engine
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks for your help
Expert:  Daryl replied 8 years ago.
Thank you