Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

ford f250: diesel is leaking fuel of what looks like a overflow pipe

my ford f250 2002 diesel is leaking fuel of what looks like a overflow pipe could I need to change the filter I have not done so in about 60000 miles
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for visiting Just Answer. I will do my very best to help you resolve your concerns by asking questions if needed then suppling a answer. Gaining your TRUST in myself and knowledge is my goal. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am on line.

Odds are the water drain is leaking meaning you need new components on the filter housing. The water drain is meant to drain water but when all the water is out it will begin to dump fuel. You need to clean it up and make sure the leak is from the water drain tube then rebuild the filter housing with a new drain petcock. The filter also needs to be changed every 15k

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
it is for sure coming out of a quarter inch tube and it is for sure fuel there do not appear to be any other leaks, while looking from under the truck you can see the tube. it just stops and fuel is leaking out, the pevalve is not leaking externally should I just take it in or does it sound like an easy fic
If you feel comfortable in replaceing the drain valve then yes you can do this. if not then it must go in. The tube you refer to is in fac the drain tube