AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel

Kind of puller can I use on a crankshaft sleeve on a 390 FE block?

what kind of puller can I use on a crankshaft sleeve on a 390 FE block?
Category: Ford
Expert:  AlvinC replied 8 years ago.
Customer What sleeve are you refering to?, al
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
It is a sleeve that fits on the snout of the crank between the timing cover and the harmonic bal
Expert:  AlvinC replied 8 years ago.
Customer I don't know of a puller that will grip it to pull it off, If the engine is out turn it upside down with oil pan off. Heat the sleeve and spray with PB blaster and let it soak in then try to pry with a screwdiver type prybar between the timing gear anr crank this should get it moving giving room to get it off heat and soak as required, Al
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The engine is in car. Can not pry on sleeve against timing chain cover. Is it wise to heat crank/sleeve in front of timing gear?
Expert:  AlvinC replied 8 years ago.
Customer I was just notified by another Expert that there is a Ford tool for removing the sleeve that you might be able to get as a rental oa dealer to loan with a deposit it all depends on the dealer though. The tool number is XXXXX Crankshaft Sleeve Removal tool I hope this helps, Al