chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

Ford fusion key stuck in ignition

Customer Question

ford fusion key stuck in ignition
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

HI there

I do not think its the cylinder --I think its the shifter again --- so this would be a service install part and coast you nothing, if you are under 12k and 12 months since the last repaire ---to prove this pop off the chrome ring around the shifter ( number 1 in the pic ),, then pull up on the bezel around the shifter by the cup holder ( number 2 in the pic )----now look on the pass side of the shifter, between the shift and the console ,, down low--you will see a blue switch ,,,just under this blue switch is a gray tab , stick your finger down there or something and lift up on the gray tab so it pushes on the blue switch -----and the key should come out on the cylinder-----now you have just proved that the shifter is bad again and it has to be replaced --all ford parts and labor are warrantied for 12 months 12 k miles

any more info just ask - we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

graphic

Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Hi there

if you need any more help , just ask

if not please hit the accept button

Thanks ,,,,Chris