CTFordTech
CTFordTech, Ford Technician
Experience:  Ford Master School Certified, Kia Elite School Certified, ASE Certified, A/C 609 Certified
9926638

WAS EXTRACTING SPARK PLUGS OUT OF MY 2005 FORD, EXPEDITION

Customer Question

WAS EXTRACTING SPARK PLUGS OUT OF MY 2005 FORD, EXPEDITION EDDIE BAUER EDITION. 5 CAME OUT WHOLE, 3 CAME OUT PARTIALLY. HOW DO YOU EXTRACT OUT THE BROKEN PIECE LEFT IN THE HOLES. THEY HAVE A PIECE OF PROCELIN AND THE ALUMINUM HEAD LEFT ON THEM IN THE HOLE?
Category: Ford
Expert:  CTFordTech replied 8 years ago.

HelloCustomerand Thank you for choosing Just Answer. I will try and answer your question in a timely manor and try and make sure you are 100% satisfied with my answer.

Im afraid to say the only way to remove the plugs from the head is to have the truck towed to the dealer. This is a very common problem with the 4.6 and 5.4L engines. Ford has a special tool to remove the rest of the spark plug that is in the head. This is the safest way to go without damaging anything else in the engine.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
CAN THAT TOOL BE PURCHASED BY MYSELF. AND WHAT HAS FORD DONE TO CORRECT THAT ISSUE. CHANGING OF PLUGS SHOULD NOT BE THAT COMPLICATED. I'VE BEEN DOING MY OWN TUNE UPS, OIL CHANGES AND ETC FOR YEARS. NEVER HAVE I RAN INTO SUCH A COMPLICATED CHANGE OF PLUGS.
The tool can be purchasd but it is not cheap. What I would recommend doing is calling the dealer, Letting them know the situation, They should be able to help you out if you are nice and not yelling and screaming. I have seen many dealers help out the customers with the spark plug problems. Any more questions Just Ask
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANKS FOR YOUR ANSWERS, I DO ACCEPT. PLEASE DON'T PROCESS FOR PAYMENT UNTIL WEDNESDAY WHEN I DEPOSIT MY CHECK. ONCE AGAIN THANKS. I'LL LET YOU KNOW HOW I COME OUT. OR
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I WILL ACCEPT YOUR ANSWERS. I CAN'T ACCEPT UNTIL WEDNESDAY AFTER MY CHECK IS DEPOSITED IN THE ACCOUNT. WILL THAT BE OKAY?

Ohh ok, That is fine. Whatever is best for you

Kyle

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
THANKS KYLE, I'LL EMAIL YOU WEDNESDAY. AGAIN THANKS AGAIN.