AlvinC
AlvinC, Ford Technician
Experience:  With Ford 20+years as Dealership Technician Ford Senior Master Technician Gas and Diesel
10384837

1988 mustang lx 5.0 5 speed fuel gauge not reading properly.

1988 mustang lx 5.0 5 speed fuel gauge not reading properly. changed fuel pump and sending unit.need help.
Customer Your fuel gauge is caused by a faulty slosh module. The module was revised and the gauge and module have to be replaced together. Here is the service bulletin. I hope this helps, Al

click here for bulletin

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
thi slosh module were is it located and where can i get these two parts
Customer The slosh module is in a slot in the back of the instrument cluster. You might possibly find the parts new by having your dealer parts dept do a locator search for you, so dealers have vintage parts and new old stock. Also you can check salvage yards and possibly find a complete cluster. I would start with MPS (Mustang Parts Specialist) in Winder, GA, they are an exclusive Mustansalvage yard. I used them in the past and they are very reasonable, I hope this helps, Al