chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

2002 f150: overhead..its under the hood or in the cab fuse box

my overhead compass/temp dont work on my 2002 f150 supercrew, i cant check my fuse cause i dont know which one it is, ive checked all the possible ones i can think of and they are fine, what can i do? Or do you know what number the fuse is and if its under the hood or in the cab fuse box?

Hi there

Fuse number 27 in the interior fuse box is for the overhead computer ---if the fuse is good you have a 90% chance that the moduale is bad --At the dealer i work at we replaced these a lot ,,, and Ford wont an arm and a leg for a new one --i think the last time I checked they where about $250-$300--

graphic

graphic

if you need any more info , just ask, we can go back and forth on this page

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
can u tell us where the module is at, maybee we could find a used one?

The moduale is in the overhead console ,, its the display unit you read in the console ---

graphic

I would not get a used one --it may not last that long --the new ones have been updated and will last a long time---I would call a dealer in the morning to get a price on one ---i would give you the price but i am at home right now ----if you wont I can get you the correct price on one tomorrow when I get to work --its up to you ---Fords prices are weird one day they are $300 and the next they drop to $150 ---

Chris