Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

How do you reprogram code on door entry on 2000 Ford explorer

Customer Question

Category: Ford
Expert:  Bob replied 8 years ago.

http://www.motorcraftservice.com/pubs/content/~WOYEXP/~MUS~LEN/41/00expog1e.pdf

Hi Big Whist57 I have supplied the link to your answer. Please let me know if it works for you.

Please remember to click ACCEPT and leave positive feedback so I may receive credit for helping you. Thank You for using Just ANSWER.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have that info in owners manual, I need to get factory code so I can change it.
Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

There are a number of placed to look for the code. It can be found on a sticker on the Remote Anti-theft Personality (RAP) module. It will sometimes also be on a sticker attached to the body in a door jam or in the owner's manual. The other option is to enter the RAP module with a scan tool and look in the data info for KEYCODE.

The best place to find the old code if you can not get it scanned is by looking on the raps modual. You will find it in the left rear quater panel

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.

Wife had Explorer yesterday, turns out its titled as 2002 with build date of 03/01. Havent had chance to check your info with my vehicle. Read online about RAP module being under seat. When I find it I'll accept the answer.

thanks

Expert:  Ron replied 8 years ago.
graphic
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Expert:  Bob replied 8 years ago.

Here is the location . It's it the right rear panel behind seat not under. Thank You for using Just Answer

http://www.fordtechservice.dealerconnection.com/renderers/ie/wiring/svg/ep_location.asp?page=066&item=Central security module&year=2002&book=E2N&legacy=Y& ;vehicle=2002+Explorer%2FMountaineer&market=US&lang=EN&SR_RES=&SR_TYP=&SR_ITM=&CI_FLAVOR=COMPONENT&TOC_FLAVOR=NUM&CONI_FLAVOR=NUM&I_FLAVOR=&width=1400&height=1050