mustangmike
mustangmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  13YRS AS A FORD CERTIFIED TECH, PRESIDENTS AWARD WINNER FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION EVRY YR SINCE 1996

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  mustangmike replied 5 years ago.

you have to replace the whole ac/heater plenum box, if one of the doors is broken, here are the instructions out of the ford manual.

Heater Case

The heater air plenum chamber (18471) is located under the instrument panel (04320) on top of the heater core housing. For servicing the heater air plenum chamber , A/C plenum vacuum harness (18C581) , and plenum doors, it is necessary to remove the instrument panel . It is not required to remove the instrument panel to service the vacuum control motors (18A318) attached to the heater air plenum chamber .

Removal

1. Remove instrument panel, and steering column.

1. Disconnect the vacuum hoses from the floor/defrost door vacuum control motor and the air conditioner-heat vacuum control motor .
  1. Separate the heater air plenum chamber from the heater housing, center register duct, and heater air outlet duct and remove the heater air plenum chamber .
  1. Remove the panel/defrost door and floor/defrost door vacuum control motors from the heater air plenum chamber .

Installation

1. Install floor/defrost and panel/defrost door vacuum control motors on heater air plenum chamber .
  1. Position heater air plenum chamber to center register duct, heater air outlet duct and A/C evaporator housing (19850) . Make sure clip on heater air plenum chamber is hooked over flange on A/C evaporator housing .
  1. Install one retainer to attach center register duct and one retainer to attach heater air outlet duct to heater air plenum chamber .
  1. Connect the blue vacuum hose to the top (end) of the panel/defrost door vacuum control motor .
  1. Connect the yellow vacuum hose to the top (end) of the panel/defrost door vacuum control motor . Connect the red vacuum hose to the side of the panel/defrost door vacuum control motor .
  1. Install the instrument panel
  1. Check system for proper operation.

mustangmike, Ford Technician
Experience: 13YRS AS A FORD CERTIFIED TECH, PRESIDENTS AWARD WINNER FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION EVRY YR SINCE 1996
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Mike - what is the best option for buying the appropriate manual?

Thanks
Keith
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I have a haynes, it doesn't cover the heating system, except for some of the a/c stuff. Nor does it describe the dash removal.

I just bought the service kit from Helms.

Tks. Keith
you can order the factory ford repair manuals from the dealerships part dept. but they are not cheap.