mustangmike
mustangmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  13YRS AS A FORD CERTIFIED TECH, PRESIDENTS AWARD WINNER FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION EVRY YR SINCE 1996
11027379

1995 f-150: the Clutch master cylinder..disconnect..pin..special tool

I am replacing the Clutch master cylinder in my 1995 f-150 I am having a problem getting the line to disconnect from the master cylinder. I have removed the pin. Is there a special tool for removal.
Category: Ford
Expert:  mustangmike replied 8 years ago.

yes there is a special service tool needed for removal.

Clutch Hydraulic Line

SPECIAL SERVICE TOOL(S) REQUIRED
DescriptionTool Number
Clutch Coupling ToolT88T-70522-A

Removal and Installation

1. Note the routing of the clutch slave cylinder to clutch master cylinder tube (7A512) line from clutch master cylinder to the clutch slave cylinder (7A508).
  1. Remove retainer pin from clutch master cylinder (7A543) holding clutch slave cylinder to clutch master cylinder tube in place.
  1. Raise the vehicle and install suitable safety stands.
  1. Disconnect clutch slave cylinder to clutch master cylinder tube from external clutch slave cylinder. On vehicles equipped with concentric clutch slave cylinders, remove tube using Clutch Coupling Tool T88T-70522-A.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to mustangmike's Post: for clarification...I am just wanting to replace the clutch master cylinder. I am having a problem removing tube from clutch master cylinder. I have removed the "Roll Pin" from the clutch master cylinder. The tube will not come out and I do not want to cause undue damage.

sorry i misunderstood your question, it does not appear to need any special service tool for the clutchmaster cylinder replacement, according to ford manual.

Clutch Master Cylinder and Reservoir

Removal and Installation

1. CAUTION: For vehicles equipped with external clutch slave cylinders (7A508), prior to any vehicle service that requires removal of the clutch slave cylinder (i.e., transmission removal), the master cylinder push rod must be disconnected from the clutch pedal (7519). If not disconnected, permanent damage to the clutch slave cylinder will occur if the clutch pedal is depressed while the clutch slave cylinder is disconnected.

NOTE: When replacing a dry clutch master cylinder (7A543), remove tubing from vehicle and connect to clutch master cylinder. Perform benchbleed procedure in this section.

From cab interior, carefully pry push rod and retainer bushing from cross-shaft lever pin.
  1. Disconnect connector plug of the clutch pedal position switch (CPP) (11A152).
  1. Remove the two nuts and support bracket retaining the clutch master cylinder reservoir and clutch master cylinder to the firewall.
  1. Disconnect hydraulic tube from clutch master cylinder.
  1. Remove clutch master cylinder reservoir and clutch master cylinder from firewall.
  1. When the clutch master cylinder studs are free of dash panel, rotate clutch master cylinder 105 degrees counterclockwise to permit clutch pedal position switch to exit dash panel. Remove unit from vehicle.
  1. Prior to installation, replace clutch and brake pedal pivot shaft lever as described in the removal and installation procedures in this section.

For installation, follow removal procedures in reverse order. Bleed system as described in Clutch Hydraulic System Bleeding in the Adjustments procedures in this section.

As the clutch disc (7550) wears, the fluid level in the clutch master cylinder reservoir will rise. The proper fluid level is indicated by a step on the clutch master cylinder reservoir. Do not overfill. The fill line step in the clutch master cylinder reservoir is the normal level for a new system. The upper portion of the clutch master cylinder reservoir must accept fluid that is displaced from the clutch slave cylinder as the clutch wears.