Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.
10437779

I have a 1995 Ford Explorer 4WD Automatic. What do I have ...

I have a 1995 Ford Explorer 4WD Automatic.   What do I have to do to get the starter out? Other than removing the 2 bolts and the wiring.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to justanswer.com

Thats all you have to do. First disconnect the battery then the starter cables and the upper and lower bolts.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The procedure you described above is from the Chilton Repair Manual. The problem is there is no room for the starter to come out! The transmission mounts may have to be removed and the transmission jacked up enough for clearance to remove the starter.
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.
You can try removing the one side engine mount and jack up the engine. This should give you enough clearance to remove it.