Vincent, Ford Senior Master Technician
Experience:  28 years as Tech.

my cd changer is jammed is there a way to manually eject cds

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  mustangmike replied 8 years ago.

is it an indash cd changer?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
yes six cd changer

the best way to try to get the cd's out is to use a credit card or a small screw driver through the front opening, and try to slightly pry the cd's out if you can see them through the opening,while pressing eject.

there is no manual eject, and ford doesn't do internal audio repairs, they send the units out for repair, for a jammed cd, i'd say the repair would be btween $75-$100.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
i want to fix it myself but i need idea how i knew about scredreiver but cant see cd
yeah, we don't repair them in the shop, and ford doesn't have any repair procedures listed online.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
im not paying for an answer i allready knew

maybe someone else on here can help you better.

Expert:  Vincent replied 8 years ago.

Mustang Mike is correct, most dealerships take the radio out and send them out.

However, you can remove the radio on your own and take it apart to get the CD's out of the radio. I do this on a regular basis. It does take a little patience and a set of small (jeweler) screwdrivers, but that is the only way that you are going to get the CD's out of that radio.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
im going to try it if it works i will accept your answer thx
Expert:  Vincent replied 8 years ago.

You are welcome. But like I said, take your time. It will come apart and sadly there is no shop information on how to do it. I just normally keep taking out screws until I can see something.

The hard part is getting it back together.

Just a side note: Ford radios are a constant problem. I would recommend going with an aftermarket unit like an Alpine, Sony, Kenwood, etc. You will end up with a better sounding radio that will be far more reliable.