Steve S
Steve S, Ford Technician
Experience:  10 years in Ford Dealership, Certified in: Auto Trans, Diesel Engines, Climate Control, Electrical D

my overdrive light is blinking on my 99 ford explorer ...

my overdrive light is blinking on my 99 ford explorer sport, what does it mean
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve S replied 8 years ago.
Hi thereCustomer The overdrive lamp is blinking indicating a transmission concern. That is the vehicles way of telling you to get the truck to a shop. You did not mention any shift concerns do you have any? You need to get the trouble codes retrieved from the computer with a scan tool. If you are able to do repairs then that will lead you in a direction to the culprit. If you are unable then get the truck to a trans shop and get it diagd and repaired. Good luck and Thank you. Steve
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The car is running fine and not any shifting problems, could this be expensive.
Expert:  Steve S replied 8 years ago.
HiCustomer Yes there is a possibility that it could be expensive and there is a possibility that it is not to bad. if you had the codes I could possibly give you a much more clear answer. But trans work is not as cheap as you would like it to be(nothing is, I know). But since you say it is not shifting bad then it could be something that they could fix without removing the trans. I wish you Luck Thank you Steve