mustangmike
mustangmike, Ford Technician
Experience:  13YRS AS A FORD CERTIFIED TECH, PRESIDENTS AWARD WINNER FOR CUSTOMER SATISFACTION EVRY YR SINCE 1996
11027379

How do I recharge the A/C in my 2003 ford focus

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  mustangmike replied 8 years ago.

the low side ac fitting is behind the right front wheel well, you'll have to reach in just behind the front of the wheel well and feel for the accumulator/drier, i have to push the plastic back a little to get the connector on, the high side fitting is in the front right top of the condensor.

heres a pic of the lowside location, just to the left of the arrow is the wheel well plastic.

graphic

take your manifold gauge's and see what the pressures are with the ac compressor cycling, charge the system till the low side reads 35-45 psi at 1500-2000rpm , the high side pressure should read 200-250 psi at the same rpm.

if you need to charge your ac, you have a leak......they do not lose charge...

i would leave ac repair to an experienced tech. due to the cost of freon, and the complexity of the ac system