You may have a problem with the high pressure oill system on your truck. This TSB should help.
Please accept my answer if you are satisfied.
- HESITATION/STUMBLE - POOR SEAL ON INJECTOR O-RINGS - 7.3L DI TURBO
- IDLE - ROUGH - POOR SEAL ON INJECTOR O-RINGS - 7.3L DI TURBO
- LACK OF POWER/POOR PERFORMANCE - POOR SEAL ON INJECTOR O-RINGS - 7.3L DI TURBO
- STALLS - POOR SEAL ON INJECTOR O-RINGS - 7.3L DI TURBO
- OIL - EXCESSIVE OIL CONSUMPTION - POOR SEAL ON INJECTOR O-RINGS - 7.3L DI TURBO
|Publication Date: NOVEMBER 10, 1998|
|LIGHT TRUCK:||1994-1997 F SUPER DUTY|
1994-1998 F-250 HD, F-350
This TSB article is being republished in its entirety to include vehicles through the 1998 model year.
On vehicles with a 7.3L direct injection (DI) turbo diesel engine, one or more of the following concerns may be present:
- Rough Idle
- Loss/Lack of Power
- Poor Fuel Economy
- Excessive Oil Consumption
These concerns may be caused by the injector cushion O-rings deteriorating, resulting in a poor seal. This condition cannot be detected with conventional diagnostics (i.e., it will not produce diagnostic codes with either Super Star or New Generation Star Testers).
Remove the injectors, check for deterioration of the cushion O-ring. If necessary, replace the O-ring with a new O-ring which has a more robust design and should not deteriorate under severe conditions. Refer to the following Service Procedure for details.
- If no Diagnostic Trouble Codes (DTCs) are found and normal diagnostics do not lead to a solution, remove the injectors according to the DI Turbo Service Manual.
- Check for wear or deterioration of the cushion O-ring. If excessive wear is found, replace the O-ring with a new blue O-ring found in the O-ring Kit (F8TZ-9229-AA). Refer to the Instruction Sheet included in the kit.
|NOTE:||IF ONE O-RING IS REPLACED ALL O-RINGS AND SEALS MUST BE REPLACED. IF ONE INJECTOR SEAL IS SERVICED ALL THE INJECTOR O-RINGS AND SEALS MUST BE SERVICED.|
The O-ring Kit includes the following:
- One (1) Upper Backup Ring
- One (1) Upper Cushion Ring
- One (1) Upper Injector Seal
- One (1) Seal
- One (1) Lower Injector Seal
- One (1) Injector Gasket
- One (1) Instruction Sheet
|PART NUMBER||PART NAME|
OTHER APPLICABLE ARTICLES:
Eligible Under The Provisions Of Bumper To Bumper Warranty Coverage, Emissions Warranty Coverage, And Powerstroke Diesel Engine Warranty Coverage
|982313A||Replace Injector O-rings - F-Series||5.2 Hrs.|
|982313B||Replace Injector O-rings - Econoline||4.9 Hrs.|
|BASIC PART NO.||CONDITION CODE|
401000, 607000, 607400, 608000, 608400, 610000, 610500, 611000, 611500, 614000, 614500
Copyright © 1998 Ford Motor Company