lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.

No Comment Added

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.
HiCustomer this is lostrider, what model is your truck, F150, F250 etc.?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Reply to lostrider's Post: 2007 F-150 SuperCrew 4X4 40/20/40 front bench & 70/30 rear with no center armrest in rear with cloth interior. I am replacing cloth with leather. Thanks
Expert:  lostrider replied 5 years ago.

Seat - Rear

graphic
ItemPart NumberDescription
1 - Rear seat safety belt cover
2 - Rear seat backrest
3 W708731 Rear seat riser-to-floor outboard nut (2 required)
4 W708731 Rear seat riser-to-floor inboard nut (2 required)
5 W710680 Rear seat LH riser bolt (2 required)
6 W710661 Rear seat center riser-to-floor bolt
7 - Rear seat cushion assembly

Removal

Rear seat cushion

1. If equipped with a rear subwoofer, remove the 3 fasteners (2 shown).
  1. graphicIf equipped, rotate the subwoofer forward and disconnect the electrical connector.

graphicRear seat cushion or backrest

1. Remove the safety belt cover.
    1. Remove the fasteners cover.
    1. Remove the 2 nuts.
    1. Lift up and remove cover from safety belt tower.
  1. graphicNOTE: There are retaining clips that must be released to remove the rear seat backrest.

NOTE: The rear seat backrest trim cover and foam pad is removed for clarity.

To locate the retaining clips, align a screwdriver with the inboard portion of the outboard LATCH attachment points. Be careful not to damage the seat trim covers. Make contact with the rounded portion of the backrest frame and work the screwdriver upward until the screwdriver clears the rounded portion of the backrest frame. At this point the screwdriver should be located at the access hole. Press down on the backrest slightly (this is crucial, otherwise the retaining clip may not release), press the screwdriver rearward to release the retaining clip, then lift the backrest upward. Repeat this process to release the other side of the backrest.
  1. graphicPull some of the safety belt webbing out of the rear center safety belt retractor, slide the rear seat backrest out from the webbing and out of the vehicle.

Rear seat cushion

1. NOTICE: Do not operate the vehicle with the rear seat cushion removed. The 2 rear outboard nuts hold the chassis to the frame, and the chassis may move if driven. Discard the 2 outboard nuts and install new.

Remove the 2 rear seat riser-to-floor outboard nuts.
  1. Remove the 2 rear seat riser-to-floor inboard nuts.
  1. Remove the 2 rear seat outboard riser-to-floor bolts.
    • With the seat in the normal sitting position, lift the seat cushions up for access to the rear seat front attachment fasteners.
  1. Remove the rear seat center riser-to-floor bolt.
  1. Remove the rear seat cushion assembly.

Installation

Rear seat cushion

1. Position the rear seat cushion assembly in the vehicle.
  1. Install the rear seat center riser-to-floor bolt.
    • Tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
  1. Install the 2 rear seat riser-to-floor outboard bolts.
    • Tighten to 48 Nm (35 lb-ft).
  1. Install the 2 rear seat riser-to-floor inboard nuts.
    • Tighten to 80 Nm (59 lb-ft).
  1. Install 2 new rear seat riser-to-floor outboard nuts.
    • Tighten to 80 Nm (59 lb-ft).

Rear seat cushion or backrest

1. Pull some of the safety belt webbing out of the rear center safety belt retractor, slide the rear seat backrest under the webbing and position it into the vehicle.
  1. NOTE: Make sure the seat backrest lower retaining clips are completely seated before installing the seat backrest.

NOTE: Make sure the safety belt webbing is not twisted prior to installation.

NOTE: Make sure that the safety belt buckles are accessible after seat installation.

To install, align the locators near the right center of the backrest and press the backrest downward until the retaining clips are engaged.
  1. graphicInstall the safety belt cover in the following sequence.
    1. Place the cover over the safety belt tower.
    1. Install the 2 nuts.
    1. Install the fasteners cover.

Rear seat cushion

1. If equipped with a rear subwoofer, connect the electrical connector and rotate the subwoofer rearward.
  1. graphicIf equipped, install the 3 subwoofer fasteners (2 shown).

graphicRear seat cushion or backrest

1. Make sure the safety belts and buckles are accessible to the occupants after installation.

IF THERES ANYTHING ELSE YOU NEED, JUST LET ME KNOW, THANKS.

LOSTRIDER.

lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.