Brian, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  5 years Ford Technical Hotline/Service Engineer. 2005 Ford Master Cert. Automotive Technology degree

No Comment Added

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.
If you have the original papers for the truck, it may be printed on a card. They used to print the codes on the outside of the remote keyless entry modules (also called the RAP-- Remote Antitheft Personality module). This module is located on the left side of the dash, bolted to the body of the truck. If you look up under the driver side, you can see it right against the outer wall of the truck in an upright position. I don't think it will have the code printed on it, since they stopped doing that sometime, I think before 1999.

The dealer can connect a scantool and look up the "KEYCODE" PID (Parameter Identification Data) in the RAP module. The KEYCODE is the 5 digit, factory programmed code, which cannot be erased or changed since it is permanently programmed into the module's memory. You can add a code of your choosing if you wish, by following the steps in the owner's manual. This is preferable in case someone finds out your code, you can change it, but the factory code can only be changed by replacing the module-- so don't let any crazy teens get ahold of the factory code.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
just foundit under the drvers side under dash works great 9 bucks beats 65 bucks any day when its leaving my pocket. thanks i will definetly use again thanks
Expert:  Brian replied 8 years ago.

I had my fingers crossed, since I was not sure if your car would still have it printed there or not. Glad to hear you found it.