Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

where is the obdII port located on a ford e350 1995 van

No Comment Added

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

The 1995 Ford F350 wasnt OBD2 , it was still the EEC5 system and it requires a old school scanner and the connector is on the Left front inner fender . See attachment.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: so my scanner will not work? What do you think about the issue? This has all been related to ac after I filled. I do not have ac anmore that is why I tried to add. Is there any way to get code out w/0 scanner

The best way is to have a real scanner not just a code reader. To do this you will likely have to take it to a shop. What kind of issue are you having?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The engine runs fine at times. then it will start to skip a little idle tends to be sparatic.

If I turn on the ac the engine almost want to quite. When I'm going down the road engine will stall out but start back up again.

This only happend after I messed with ac
It likely has nothing to do with the AC , is the check engine light coming on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I'm going to run it for a couple minutes and get a better Idea how to explain problem.
The best way I can help you if the check engine light is coming on is get me a code.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I will get a code but if this helps.

Basically the idling is sparatic. Stays high then will drop down to almost stalling. If it is idling high then I turn on ac it almost stalls or does.

Do you know how much older scanner goes for?

I have the newer obdII figure 1996 and above.

Well its not so much as and older scanner but it has to be a real scanner . They run from 4,000 to 8,000. .

If you having an Idle issue I would start with cleaning the IAC (idle air control) solenoid and the throttle body and plate, and making sure the there are no vacuum leaks. If the check engine light is on then I can help further if you get me a real code or codes.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: can you tell me where the iac is located. Thanks
The IAC id mounted to the throttle body.graphic