Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs

Ford dealers want more that $500 to do the 30,000 mile ...

Ford dealers want more that $500 to do the 30,000 mile maintenance service for my 2006 Ford Focus. Are there less expensive places who know how to do this 30,000 mile maintenance, but at a lower cost?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Most any reputable shop can do the 30,000k service for you and yes likely allot cheaper. Ive enclosed what need to be done at 30K and as you can seeit mostly inspections and trans service , tire rotate and fuel filter along with a cabin air filter and an oil change.

graphic

Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience: 23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: Thanks for your prompt response, but I still have some followup questions.

What kind of a shop can be trusted to provide correct service for my Ford? Is there a national chain that you can recommend?

The scheduled Maintenance book of my car says that the engine air filter should be changed, but your list does not include this. Should the engine air filter be changed at 30,000 miles?

After checking the VIN of my Ford Focus, the Ford dealer says that the trasmission needs to be flushed. Does the automatic fluid replacement instruction in your list, match this flushing instruction by the dealer?

Can we be sure that a reputable shop will use the correct engine oil, and the correct transmission fluid, that are required for my Ford Focus?

What's an approximate cost that the 30,000 mile maintenance should cost for my Ford Focus?

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Expert:  Ron replied 6 years ago.
The national chain I would reccomend is Goodyear and the work they perform dosnt void your warrenty as long as you maintain your records. The air filter is an inspection and replace as needed if its dirty. All repair shops have the correct fluids and yes flushing the trans is done by the same machine and they have the correct fluid. For no more then your going to need you should expect a ball park of around $350.00