Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience
2499435

2002 Ford escape: the DPFE Sensor is not plugged in would the car run

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Ford escape if the DPFE Sensor is not plugged in would the car run funny. If so how.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

This will effect EGR valve performance thus making the EGR not open and the car will run slightly different but not that bad. It will set a diagnostic trouble code and the check engine light on. It will also overtime soot up the EGR system from lack of use.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Ok i found that my DPFE Sensor was not plugged in. The car was not reaching speeds of over 30 miles a hour because of lack of power. A gararge I took it to said all 3 catalytic converters were plugged. The car has around 110,000 miles on it. Is it common for all three to plug up. and having the DPFE Sensor unplug would it cause the coverters to fail?
The converters can clog from lack of EGR flow. I cant say how fast it can happen since this would be an expensive test to see.