ttiger79, Auto mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, Advanced Level Engine Performance

2005 FORD ESCAPE: MAP SENSOR factory install..LEAN..volts..revving

MAP SENSOR factory install for 2005 FORD ESCAPE, 3L MAP SENSOR label says its #'s are: from top to bottom: 5L8A-9F479-AA   AND 4M07A   AND   6PP4180-AB   AND on the side engraved is PBT-GF30. My question is what is the pinout for this MAP SENSOR. I am trying to hook up a potentiometer in-line to LEAN out the gas manually but I need to know GROUND wire and SIGNAL wire and the "POWER" wire and am told to hook up to the SIGNAL WIRE to make this work, but my multimeter only shows a ground (0 volts) and the other wires are 5.10 without change while revving the gas?? help.
Are you looking at the map sensor or the mass airflow sensor? The mass airflow sensor is the main fuel control for this vehicle. I can get you the diagrams for either sensor, just need to know which one you are looking at. The map sensor is bolted to the firewall and the mass airflow sensor is located inline with the air intake snorkel.

Let me know and I'll post a diagram for you!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ttiger79's Post: I'm working with an HHO system already in place (and working so far with a bunch of HHO) and they are telling me to pop the potentiometer on the MAP sensor signal wire to help lean it out little by little to an acceptable level over time(but according to the directions the voltage is supposed to fluctuate with revving and doesn't on the signal wire, and this was prior to installing the HHO electrolyzer)--I found my MAP sensor located on the fire wall left side close to AC compressor. I just dont want to blow up my computer choosing the wrong wire...
One last question, how many wires are in the connector for the sensor- 3 or 4?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ttiger79's Post: 3 wires. looking at them from left to right with the clip on top they are light gray with red strip, middle wire is lt blue with red stripe and right side or I believe pin 1 is brown with white stripe
Here you go;

Good luck and let me know if you have any mroe questions!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ttiger79's Post: so from what I am to do--I should hook into pin 2 then...just to be sure....I don't want to blow anything up...thanks!
Yep. Pin 2 is the sensor signal wire to the computer for the map sensor. Pin 1 is the reference voltage (sensor power) and pin 3 is the ground.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to ttiger79's Post: Thanks for all your help...time for testing...
Not a problem, just let me know if you have any more questions!