Thanks for the schematic, but I already have one from a Haynes Manual I picked up last night. Here is what I know:
1) The turnsignal work fine. The flasher is on the front of the fuse panel as it would be in a standard E350
2) The flasher for the 4-ways IS NOT behind the fuse panel. This has been modified by the RV coach builder.
3) The 4-way flasher now consist of qty2 3 pin flashers located in the engine compartment near the firewall.
4) One of the Flashers has a white, Brown and Green wire. The other has a Red Brown and green wire.
5)none of the wires are hot (+12V) with either the hazard switch on or off.
6) Fuse is good as it is the same one for the brakes
and they work.
7) When 4-way switch is pulled on and Brakes are applied, both dash blinker lights illuminate continuously.
So I am asking for a generic trouble shooting procedure. What wires to the flasher(s)should be hot (if any) and when. I need to determine if this is a flasher, or is this a 4-way switch problem.
Aproaching this from another direction, there is a wiring harness of about a dozen wires comming down the steering wheel column that connect with a quick disconect. These must include the 4-ways, the blinkers and the cruise control
. Which wires come fom the 4-way switch, and what should I see with an ohm & Volt meter?
Finally, tonight I will buy two new flashers on my way home. I have little hope this will solve the problem as there is no hot 12V to the flashers, but I might as well start by eliminating this possibility