lamontgomery, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  14 years experience, 2000-2006 Senior Master, ASE master in Truck and Auto, Level 1 Fire mechanic

1995 f250: brake pedal..the master cylinder..vaccum..booster

Customer Question

I have a 1995 f250 that has a soft brake pedal. I have changed the master cylinder and no change. I am not loosing fluid, but if I remove the vaccum line to the booster the pedal is rock hard and does not fade.
Category: Ford
Expert:  lamontgomery replied 8 years ago.
Do the brakes work/ stop the truck? Most Super Duty trucks have a poor brake pedal feel. There is an older TSB for a low brake pedal and the fix was to replace the master cylinder with a larger bore. It raised the brake pedal feel, but it still "sank" if the engine is running. Ford considers the pedal sinking normal with the engine is running. If I was still unsure, I'd try to compare it to another truck. From my experience, it's a normal feel.

If you are satisfied, please accept my answer.