Steve
Steve, Sr. Tech
Experience:  20 years as a FORD dealership tech
5096800

how to disable securilock passive anti-theft system 2004 explorer

Customer Question

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
You cannot bypass PATS at all. If you could it wouldn't be good for antitheft. Make sense? If you put in an auto-start system you can use non programmed keys to start it. This would require two programmed keys that work to install it though.
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: So what can I do to start my truck? do I need to tow it to a ford dealer? If so what will they do and charge? If I buy a remote control for the alarm and have them program it will this help? Let me know
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
You will have to tow it to a dealer. Is the antitheft on the dash blinking rapidly When you turn the Ignition to on? Do you have a programmed key? Buying a remote for the locks won't work. Price will vary by what it needs.
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: I HAVE A PROGRAMED KEY, THE LIGHT ON DASH BOARD STAYS ON WHEN I TURN THE KEY TO ON, THIS STARTED TO HAPPEN WHEN THE TRUCK BATTERY WENT LOW AND WE CHARGED IT, IF I HAVE A PROGRAMMED KEY WHY DOEN,T IT WORK? IS THERE A SPECIAL HIDDEN SWITCH UNDER STEERING WHEEL I MIGHT BE ABLE TO USE? A PERSON FROM THE DEALER TOLD ME THIS UESTERDAY BUT I AM NOT SURE, THERE IS A DEVICE RIGHT UNDER STEERING WHEL THE SAY TO PUSH TO RIGHT TO OPEN AND YOU DO THIS THERES A SMALL HOLE THE SIZE OF A KEY BUT I AM NOT SURE IF THAT CAN BE A SWITCH? DO YOU KNOW OF A HIDDEN SWITCH?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
If the antitheft light on the dash isn't blinking rapidly then it isn't a PATS issue. Do you have an aftermarket alarm system? Is the battery fully charged? What happens when you turn the ignition to ON and what lights come on in the cluster? How about when you turn it to START ? Can you hear anything? RSVP
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: When I turn the key to turn on truck, there is no noice, just silence, when I turn the key to on position but not all the way the light on dash board stays lighted, when I turn the key to off position the light stays blinking but a steady blink.
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
And the battery and alarm?
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: the battery was very low when it happened but we charged it , there is no horn going off , its almost like when there is a shutt off switch
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
For now I will look at this as not having an aftermarket alarm wired in. Let me dig up the wiring schematis and give you a good starting point. Give me 10-15 min.
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: ok i will wait
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
Engine compartment...remove and inspect fuse 12..replace or reinstall. Interior fuse panel.. same thing with fuse 29. Verify that your headlights come on bright and the heater blower fan works well on HI.
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: THIS SHOULD THEN MAKE THE TRUCK TURN ON?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
HELLO!
You have to start there. If one of these fuses are bad then the engine won't turn over. If the headlights and fan don't work then your battery or connection to it is bad. Check all and repair as needed. I will be offline for some time now. I'll check back in when(IF) I can.
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: Ok we checked this out, all fuses worked properly,relays also, we called a progra themer to program the key again we were thinking it might have been accidently disprogrammed. He programmed and it turned on however when he turns it off the key again becomes unprogrammed i dont know why the truck does not recognizes the key after one turn on? DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA WHY THIS IS GOING ON?
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
Remove and inspect fuse 24 and leave 29 alone. If that is good then I will need to know if you have the V6 or the V8.
Steve
Steve, Sr. Tech
Experience: 20 years as a FORD dealership tech
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: Yes the fuse 24 is fine
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
You didn't tell me if you have a V6 or a V8 if fuse 24 was good. I'm trying to help you here.
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: IT IS A V6 THE FUSE 24 IS GOOD, ALSO WE CALLED A KEY POGRAMMER TO PROGRAM THE KEY ONCE MORE BUT AFTER PROGAMING THE KEY IS GOOD FOR ONE TURN ON AND THEN IT WILLNOT RECOGNIZE IT AGAIN I AM CONFUSED
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
I will put togethera few tests for the V6. It would help if you were to stay online. Iwill repost with info
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: OK I WILL STAY ONLINE
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
With the trans in Park position and Ignition key OFF...slide in under the truck from behind the driver side front wheel to locate the starter. Remove the red plastic cover to expose the two terminals. Using a short jumper wire touch one end to the small lead and the other to the large lead. The plastic cover just pops off. Did the starter crank the engine?
Stevegraphic
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: yes it did it cranks but no start
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
This is a good start. I will trace that circuit back and tell you where to test next.
Steve
Expert:  Steve replied 6 years ago.
..HELLO!
Engine compartment fuseblock. Release the holding tab and lift it up to expose the wiring going into it. Locate the Yellow/Light Blue wire. Cut through the wire insulation to expose a small section of bare wire. Jumper a lead from the positive battery post and touch it to the Yellow/Light Blue wire that you just exposed. Does the engine turn over?
Steve
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Error code p0106 came on when - ran a diagnostics test what is this code mean?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to Steve's Post: YES IT DOES BUT NOTHING, I ALSO RAN A SCAN ON TE TRUCK AND A P0106 CODE CAME ON