How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Ron Your Own Question
Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Category: Ford
Satisfied Customers: 34812
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
Type Your Ford Question Here...
Ron is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds


This answer was rated:

No Comment Added

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Are you looking for the temp sender for the gage on a 4.9 Engine?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: YES


Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Enclosed is the location. Its just a matter of unscrewing the old one and installing the new one.



Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have seen that diagram. Is the unit under the "manifold" pipes? and is it more near the fan blade or the cabin?
No there are 2 the one by the cooling fan is the ECT (engine coolant temp sensor) for the PCm (computer) The one your looking is on the passenger side in the middle.If memor serves me right it inbetween.The pipes. Im sorry I dont have a more clear picture.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, then can iget to it easily between the pipes? It isnt the device with the stainless tubes connected is it?

Ok I found a beter picture in I think it will be more clear so disreguard the last picture. Its on the right rear of the head.


Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thats the image tha confuses me. It says we are looking from the front of the engine. Butwhen I am standing at the radiator looking to the cabin. I see the manifold pipes on the left side. So then, is the sending unit all the way back under the manifold pipe?
Its in the block just under the manifolds at the passenger side of the block in the very rear.
Ron and 2 other Ford Specialists are ready to help you
The #1 in the picture is the connector.