Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

HOW TO REPLACE TEMP SENDING UNIT IN 1995 FORD F150

No Comment Added

HiCustomer Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer.

Are you looking for the temp sender for the gage on a 4.9 Engine?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: YES

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Enclosed is the location. Its just a matter of unscrewing the old one and installing the new one.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I have seen that diagram. Is the unit under the "manifold" pipes? and is it more near the fan blade or the cabin?
No there are 2 the one by the cooling fan is the ECT (engine coolant temp sensor) for the PCm (computer) The one your looking is on the passenger side in the middle.If memor serves me right it inbetween.The pipes. Im sorry I dont have a more clear picture.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
ok, then can iget to it easily between the pipes? It isnt the device with the stainless tubes connected is it?

Ok I found a beter picture in I think it will be more clear so disreguard the last picture. Its on the right rear of the head.

graphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thats the image tha confuses me. It says we are looking from the front of the engine. Butwhen I am standing at the radiator looking to the cabin. I see the manifold pipes on the left side. So then, is the sending unit all the way back under the manifold pipe?
Its in the block just under the manifolds at the passenger side of the block in the very rear.
The #1 in the picture is the connector.