Richard, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  12 years at a Ford Lincoln/Mercury and Jaguar dealer as a technician and shop foreman.

how do i fix a po174 code

No Comment Added
Category: Ford
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello and welcome to

What's the year, model and engine size of your vehicle?

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
1996 f150   4.9
Expert:  Richard replied 8 years ago.

Hello again

DTC P0174 Bank Lean can set for a few reasons such as an air leak after the MAF sensor, engine vacuum leaks, low fuel pressure, a faulty MAF sensor, leaking EGR, cam timing or an exhaust leak before the O2 sensor. If the fuel pressure is good you should check for vacuum leaks by spraying some carb cleaner around the intake and see if the engine rpm changes or engine idle changes. If you have a scanner you should monitor the fuel trims to see what they are at. Anything above 7% usually indicates a vacuum leak.

Hopefully this answers your question and you accept. Positive feedback is appreciated and please let me know if I can assist you with anyhting else.