Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

My dome lights stay on while driving..switches..door locks

Customer Question

My dome lights stay on while driving and don''t go off until they time out at thirty minutes after I leave the truck. All my door ajar switches work properly and the door locks also work properly.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

• Does the instrument cluster door ajar indicator work correct?
  • Is it illuminated while the courtesy lights are remaining on?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The cluster light works properly on each door. I opened them one at a time and the cluster light came on and went off correctly. It goes out when all doors are closed.

I tried to turn the dome,cargo and red front door lights on today with the dash dimmer control, by reaching through the open window, but they didn't come on.

The door locks all work ok.

I hope this helps.    Ben
Does the dash dimmer switch work correct in controlling the brightness of the radio?
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Yes it does.

See if this helps in diagnosing why the dome light stays on.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
The image quality is too low to read and there's no explanation of what you think the problem is. Can you please email better pictures and post an explanation of the [email protected]
By looking through the pinpoint test the instrument cluster seems to be the fault here. You need a scan tool to check VSM and IC trouble codes.