Me 2002 ford expedition sputters, shakes when I press the ...

Customer Question

Me 2002 ford expedition sputters, shakes when I press the gas. My check engine light came on. Would it be any sensors or injectors that need cleaning?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
The check engine light being on is a telltale sign that the engine control computer has found a problem with an engine control sensor, or and engine control operation. When the check engine light comes on in your vehicle, the engine control computer also sets an internal trouble code as to why the light came on. This trouble code is like the intials of a failure. This is what we need to be most concerned with at this point. The problem is that to get the code, you need a scan tool. Most repair facilitites charge $65+ to do a simple scan like this. You may want to check with you local autozone, or parts stores. Most of the larger stores now offer this testing for free. This will give us the diagnostic trouble code that we need to start diagnosing this problem. Feel free to contact me with any questions or problems. If you can get the trouble code, let me know and I can go into detail on what to look for and how to fix it! Good luck!
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
When I get the code information what are my steps to get back in touch with you
Expert:  Carhelp4u replied 8 years ago.
You should be able to log back in and come back to this question. I will be happy to assist you from that point. I must warn you though, that some trouble codes require a much more sophisticated scan tool than even autozones tool.