chris
chris, Ford Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master -Ford senior master-20 years experience
9504203

i need to know the fuse box layout for a 1992 ford ...

Customer Question

i need to know the fuse box layout for a 1992 ford explorer. the electrical controls for the driver seat wont work
Category: Ford
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Hi there

here they are ---if you need any help just ask - we can go back and fourth on this page

Chris

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
my driver seat is electronically operated and it just quit on me... would it be a fuse or what? i need to get this fixed FAST!!
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

The power seat is powered up by the #7 fuse in the engine compartment fuse box ,,lets start there --check to see if its burnt out--look at your fuse pics

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to chris's Post: i checked the fuse and it was NOT blown, the passenger seat moves fine with the electrical controls.
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Well both power seats are powered up by the same fuse ----does the drivers seat move in any direction ,,up, down , back, fourth ,,,,???????----if it does nothing then use a flash light and look under the rear of the seat for a loose conection

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to chris's Post: it does not move in any direction... i looked underneath the seat and there were no loose connections... if it is the actual power motor, can it be swapped with the passenger side?
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Well there are three motor under there for the left front power seat --I doubt all three motors are bad ----do you have a test lamp to check the seat for power ????

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to chris's Post: unfortunately i dont. infact... one of the controls on the side of the seat works, its just the main one that moves it in the up, down, front, back direction. could you swap the one from the passenger side because i dont really need that one
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

Yes I am sure it could be done --it will just take some time -I guess its better than paying $250 -$300 for a new seat track

Chris

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
could u just take a guess for me on how much a local mechanic might charge for a swapping operation?
Expert:  chris replied 8 years ago.

It would have to be around $200

Chris