Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  23 years with Ford specializing in drivability and electrical and AC. Ford certs and ASE Certs
7276279

2003 Ford F250 Super Duty: crankshaft..a 6.0 liter diesel engine

Where is the camshaft positioning sensor and crankshaft positioning sensor located on a 2003 Ford F250 Super Duty with a 6.0 liter diesel engine and how do you change it?

HiCustomer

Thank you for asking your question on Just Answer. Enclosed is location and Instructions for changing it.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: The diagram indicates where the camshaft position sensor is, but does not say how to change it. Also, no information was received on the crankshaft sensor. Is it that we just can't access all of the information you have until we accept the answer?
You can access the procedure by clicking on the view larger image as it includes both location and how to change it. There are 2 download. Click on each one. Its easy to change as it held on with one bolt. Let me know if your not getting the image.
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
I am not getting any crankshaft information when I enlarge the images--Received camshaft infor.
Here you go Im sending it again.graphic
Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to Ron's Post: Ron--maybe I am just not seeing things, but the instructions refer to the CMP (Camshaft sesnor) and nothing is specifcally mentioned or shown about the crankshaft position. ALso, the diagram of the engine does not show the location of the crankshaft sensor---just the camshaft sensor. We found the camshaft sensor from the diagram sent, but we need a diagram for the crankshaft sensor and instructions on removing it.

Ok I must have misread the question. Im sorry. I didnt see you where looking for both crank and cam but here you go.

graphicgraphic

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thank you Ron--don't know if we can handle this job, but we appreciate your help. What will the total charge be for your assistance?

This will only cost you the $30.00 if you accept.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Thanks Again--we will accept! If possible, can you send us a direct e-mail address in case we need you in the near future? Please forward to us if [email protected]