Ms. Wrench
Ms. Wrench, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech, Engine Performance & Diganostic Specialist, Alternative Fuel Expert
9964578

2003 ford F250: air bag light..blink..passenger seat..all connectors

I have a 2003 ford F250, the air bag light blinks when I turn it on. The blink code is 47. I have checked under the passenger seat and all connectors looked hooked up. What do I need to do to fix this and get the light off?

A code 47 indicates that the SRS module has detected incorrect electrical resistance in the passenger side seatbelt pretensioner. The SRS module controls the airbag as well as locks the seatbelts right before a collision. Code 47 points to a problem in that circuit for the passenger seat.

The only thing that you will be able to do yourself at home is to unplug the passenger seatbelt connector and plug it back in to make sure it is seated properly. As little as 1/2 ohm of resistance change one way or the other is enough to set this code-so diangosis has to be done with factory level service equipment. Independent repair shops may or may not have the equipment so you may have to take it to the dealer for service. Working on airbag circuits is very dangerous and has to be done by a trained technician.

Ms Wrench

I hope this helps, 100% satisfaction is my goal. If the answer is not clear, please reply and I will assist you more. When you're satisfied, click on accept. I don't get paid unless you do. A bonus and positive feedback are always appreciated, good luck and Thanks.