lostrider
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
9493671

2000 ranger: as one ofthe tubes off itbecame loose andrusted off

Customer Question

Where do I locate a new one for my 2000 ranger pick up as one ofthe tubes off itbecame loose andrusted off?
Category: Ford
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
HiCustomerand thank you for your question, are you talking about the tube that screws into the EGR valve and onto the manifold?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes,One of the small tubes had rusted off causing my checkengine light to keep lit. andthe hose isjust hanging from a square box which has 2 tubes going to the exhaust manifold tube.
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
That is the EGR tube, the small ports are for the DPFE sensor hoses, that Tube is a Dealer Item Only, I have yet to see one aftermarket, hope this helps.here are the removal and install directions.
Service and Repair
Notes

REMOVAL

graphic

1. Loosen the nut from the bottom of the EGR valve.

graphic

1. Remove the nut at the exhaust manifold.

graphic

1. Remove the two pressure feedback lines from the line fittings and remove the EGR valve to exhaust manifold tube from the vehicle.

INSTALLATION

1. To install, reverse the removal procedure.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Reply to lostrider's Post: Do you have a part numberI can use tocallto see who has it locally? Thanks Dale
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
Dale the only thing I have tonight is the basic part number, I cant get the complete part number till in the morning, the site I use is down for maint. till then, here is the basic number 9D477, if you want I can get the complete number and post it here in the morning at about 9am.
lostrider, Ford Technician
Experience: ASE Master Technician, Ford Senior Master Technician,Diesel certified, ASE Master, 22 yrs FORD exp.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I looked on the motorcraft website and couldn't find it by that part numberso I will wait till the morning. Thanks Dale
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
your welcome, speak at ya tomorrow.
Expert:  lostrider replied 6 years ago.
Good morning Dale, here is the part number, F57Z-9D477-E, the list price is $64.65, thank you.