Kenny Z.
Kenny Z., Ford Senior Master Tech
Experience:  Auto Trans, Drivability and Electrical Specialist

2004 Ford Taurus: fuel injector..3.0L..the intake

Customer Question

How do you replace a fuel injector on 2004 Ford Taurus SES 3.0L 24V DOHC? I need to know what tools I will need and step by step instructions on how to remove the intake manifold properly as well as how to get to and replace the injector. I am not that great with cars but I can follow directions. I cannot afford a mechanic.
Category: Ford
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 years ago.

Here are the steps for upper and lower manifolds,fuel rail and injectors.Basic metric socket set and wrenches.Any special tools should be called out in the instructions.

Good luck!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to KenZ's Post: Looks like what I was looking for. One more thing.....the instructions refer to section 310-00 for fuel system information. Can you also provide this section for me?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 years ago.

Here you go. Have a great weekend!

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Reply to KenZ's Post: Ok that helped too. There is one more step I think I need help with....The lower intake manifold removal step#2...I'm not sure where the fuel supply manifold is and again it refers me to section 310-00 but I don't see anything about this in the instructions you sent. Do you have anything that will help me out?
Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 years ago.

The supply manifold is the piece that the injectors are connected to on the supply side.

Expert:  Kenny Z. replied 8 years ago.

Just seeing if you got the injector changed out and if the info I gave you worked out.