Chris (aka- Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years experience

Where is the cabin air filer on a 1998 Expedition, and how ...

Where is the cabin air filer on a 1998 Expedition, and how do I change it?
Category: Ford
Expert:  Chris (aka- Moose) replied 8 years ago.

Hello, I'm Chris, a current Ford Lincoln Mercury employee.

Thanks for coming to our website Just Answer. I will do my best to help you resolve your concerns. I try my hardest to respond in a timely matter and I will respond to any reply anytime I am online. If you choose to reply after an answer is posted to say Thanks. Please include "I accept the answer" in your text

Most old expeditions did not come with a cabin air filter but it still warrants a look see. You will need to remov ethe black plastic trim cover under the passenger windshield wiper and see if there is a filter covering the fresh air intake. If none is found then we need to look inside the vehicle in behind the glove box.

Customer: replied 8 years ago.
Specifically, how do I access from inside the cabin? Do I need to remove the dash?
The dash will not have to be removed. The glove box will need to be opened then the tabs squeezed and the glove box opened beyond its limits. As I said previously odds are it will not have either filters in either locations but still worth a look see.